Responsible for maintaining the fiscal records for the company, being involved with all daily activities of the finance department, establishing accounting policies and procedures to ensure that all financial transactions are executed and documented in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. Prepares finance reports with respect to profits, trends, costs, and compliance with budget, reporting findings and recommendations to senior leadership.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain all necessary accounting policies, procedures, and systems including general ledger and financial reporting, ensuring that records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Provide financial reports and analysis, including monthly and quarterly financial statements.
- Assist in financial planning and results management.
- Arrange for and coordinate an annual audit/review of all corporate accounts by outside firm.
- Review monthly balance sheet reconciliations to ensure accounts are accurately recorded and in accordance with Accounting Standards.
- Undertake day to day management of the Finance Department, setting objectives and monitoring direct reports to ensure the team provides and efficient service to the business.
- Review monthly management and other financial information to ensure accurate and relevant and review financial performance, highlighting areas for improvement in order for management to take corrective action.
- Management of the process to produce monthly forecasts and annual budgets in accordance with stated group deadlines and requirements, and detailed review of budget submissions.
- Participation in improvement activities at department/company level to enhance business performance.
- Develop daily, monthly and quarterly accounting reports for management review
- Oversee accounting department; company credit cards, expenses reporting, bank statements, AP, AR, inventory management, sales/use tax filings.
- Client contract administration and review
- Month-end general ledger responsibilities, various account analysis and ad-hoc reports
- Maintain all company financial records including filing requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field required
- 5 -7 years finance / accounting experience required with strong leadership skills
- Great Plains accounting software experience required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Working knowledge of basic principles related to financial analysis and financial statement preparation
- Must have proficiency with MS Office
- Strong accounting principles knowledge
- Detail oriented
- Ethical Conduct
Depending on Experience and Education