Responsible for Quality Assurance department and staff. Implement standard operating procedures and develop objectives for quality department to ensure the overall quality of the company’s software applications. Provide proper testing tasks and policies to assure that developed products meet design specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, manage and maintain all Quality Assurance practices, standards, methodologies, and metrics.
- Design and implement a testing framework; test infrastructure, processes, and tools.
- Define test objectives and write test cases based on external and internal design specifications.
- Assure product design and performance conform to product requirements.
- Work closely with development and project management teams while providing support to track, report, and verify bugs.
- Manage releases and continuous efforts to improve internal procedures and productivity.
- Establish proper monitoring quality for the quality assurance department.
- Contribute in test planning activities including developing documentation and estimating testing needs and time frames.
- Conduct program review and complex process audits.
- Plan, schedule and implement manual and automated testing projects.
- Ensure processes are being consistently followed to ensure quality assurance objectives are being met and maintained.
- Examine adherence to quality standards in development and implementation of production applications and the effectiveness of the assurance process.
- Schedules and prioritizes work and activities to meet target schedule, quality, scope, and cost objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred or equivalent education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with the processes, tools, techniques and practices for assuring adherence to quality standards associated with developing, enhancing and operationalizing application systems and databases.
- Strong managerial experience required.
- Extensive experience in requirements analysis, application testing, system testing, software quality assurance and IT quality assurance.
- Above average skills at effective communication, including interpersonal, organization, communication, presentation and reporting skills are required.
- Familiarity with structured and object-oriented design methodology relative to the development of software.
- Ability to transfer knowledge learned to peers and support teams.
- Excellent problem solving and planning skills.
- Experience building and managing a QA team.
- Must be capable and willing to perform the entire range of QA activities, from high level planning to lowest level test execution.
- Previous experience with Jira project management software a plus.