The human resources generalist is responsible for performing all HR related duties on a professional level with senior management supporting all departments. This position carries our responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment and employment law compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all employees.
- Administers the compensation program; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Performs benefits administration to include change reporting and communicating benefit information to employees.
- Conducts all recruitment efforts for all personnel; job description creation, job posting, pre-screen, interviewing, and new-employee orientations.
- Handles employee relations counseling, and exit interviewing.
- Maintains company organization charts.
- Administers all personnel leaves.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day to day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Provides performance management guidance (coaching, counselling, and disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
- Administers new employee paperwork, benefits enrollment, I-9s, e-verify, and background tests.
- Maintains personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
- Processes personnel action forms and ensures proper approvals.
- Maintains open door policy to actively promote employee interaction and communication.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred or equivalent education and experience
- 3 – 5 years human resources generalist experience required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Exercise discretion when dealing with confidential issues
- Must have proficiency with MS Office
- Strong employment law knowledge
- Knowledge and experience with employment law, compensation, recruitment, employee relations, engagement, development and benefits administration.
- Strong work ethic; ensures proper handling of sensitive information and demonstrates a high level of confidentiality.
- Detail oriented
- Ethical Conduct