Working under the supervision of the CTO, the Quality Assurance (QA) Manager is directly responsible for the quality of the products assigned from within the suite of banking software. The successful applicant manages a software quality assurance team with four QA analysts as direct reports initially.
Software Testing Team Management
- Oversees the development, implementation, control, and distribution of all QA practices, standards, methodologies, and metrics.
- Leads practices necessary to produce quality products/services and manage risk.
- Drafts, revises, and approves test plans and scripts.
- Helps to establish quality standards to be universally applied throughout the company and recommends quality improvements.
- Conducts program reviews and complex process audits; evaluating results against expected results.
- Supports QA staff programs and projects. Ensures processes focus consistently on ‘best practices’ to ensure quality assurance objectives are maintained.
- Examines adherence to quality standards in development and implementation of production applications and the effectiveness of the assurance process.
- Assists management with internal problem/issue resolution insuring department efficiencies and service quality are consistently maintained.
- Reviews status of QA initiatives and collaborates with other managers to ensure quality objectives are being attained.
- Oversees multiple QA projects which include development, installation, and maintenance.
- Assists in planning and estimation of QA support for new programs and projects. Schedules and prioritizes work to meet target schedule, quality, scope, and cost objectives.
- Assists in planning and controlling small to moderate project/product budgets.
- Supervise quality assurance analysts assigned to project team.
- Provides directly or delegating new employee orientation and training functions.
- Establishes performance objectives and provides ongoing feedback
- Writes and conducts performance reviews.
- Monitors staff training initiatives and development to ensure quality support is maintained.
- Communicates management’s position, company information, and work changes to employees.
- Complies with company policies and practices when acting on or reviewing personnel-related issues including, but not limited to: staff selection, salary offers, time off and overtime requests, employee complaints and concerns, and terminations.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- At least 5 years of experience, including 1-3 years of supervisory experience, with the processes, tools, techniques and practices for assuring adherence to quality standards associated with developing, enhancing and operationalizing application systems and databases, within the banking or financial services space.
- Software testing tools such as SmartBear.
- IT standards, procedures, policy.
- Application delivery process.
- Agile methodology.
- Audit and control.
- Software process improvement.
- Resource management.
Plusses, not required:
- Knowledge of SQL.
- Knowledge of Synergy/DE products.
- Knowledge of C# language.
- Knowledge of Source Code Management tools.
- Working knowledge of Project management tools such Team Foundation Server, Wonderlist, Microsoft Project.
- Knowledge of the operating system platforms on which ASI software can be deployed.
- Must be self-motivated with good communication skills and the ability to deal with all stakeholders on a professional level.
- QA managers may be assigned, and required to carry out, additional duties at any time.
- QA managers with a known disability will only be assigned additional duties when the duty is being added as an essential function of the position, or can be carried out without reasonable accommodation, or as such accommodation is provided.