Responsible for the design, technical requirements, execution and development effort for report projects. This extends from managing existing reports to developing new reporting needs to meet the customer demands. This role researches, analyses and evaluates reporting updates, enhancements, requirements and collaborates on prioritization for all updates. The product manager is responsible for all aspects of the reporting function from conception to deployment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gather and understand financial reporting needs of the banks to develop required reports.
- Works closely with internal teams as well as clients, prospects, and user groups to evolve reporting functionality in a manner that balances market demands, technological advances, and industry standards.
- Excels at capturing report requirements and translating those requirements such that developers can successfully design and code in accordance with customer needs.
- Facilitates the validation and testing of new or revised reports. Works with the bank to verify results and content.
- Understand and conduct analysis of regular reporting needs required for financial institutions for bank management, regulators, shareholders and board members.
- Create, drive and own the product roadmap for the reporting silo.
- Responsible for ensuring that work performed is within scope, consistent with requirements, and delivered on time.
- Manage all enhancements requests for individual reports and reporting tools.
- Provide support to development resources as necessary to support product development objectives; coding requirements, business requirements and trouble shooting.
- Work with third party vendors, customers and subject matter experts to design and document the most efficient and effective use/interaction of vendor services for development requirements within our products.
- Lead the effort to detail the specific functions, integration requirements, user experience and deployment of the solution set to the company and to the market.
- Excels at providing education on reporting functionality and gathering requirements where enhancements are necessary, then manages enhancement and change to the assigned product set.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, innovative and collaborative work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, math, statistics, finance, economics or related field.
- Minimum 5 + years’ experience of product management experience, with banking finance experience preferred.
- Ability to collect data, establish facts, assess results, and draw sound conclusions.
- Ability to define, measure and analyze processes to identify improvement opportunities.
- Technical background and understating of software development principals.
- Proven ability to build and identify important relationships cross-functionally with peers, stakeholders, and leaders across areas on behalf of the strategic goals of Banking Finance.
- Proficient in Crystal reports and or SQL Reporting Services (SRS) required.
- Ability to thoroughly understand complex business and technical issues
- Must have relevant experience working through the definition, design, and release cycle of delivering product software to market
- Experience with the entire Software Development Life Cycle using Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Strong leadership, project management, time management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of the company from executive to front line support
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills