The Network Technical Supervisor is responsible for coordinating the technical functions required to support the information and communication needs of Insite Data Services (IDS). In consultation with the Chief Operations Officer, System & Network Manager, CISO, and the Technical Support staff, the incumbent contributes to the efficient allocation of computer hardware resources, maintains network and server applications in IDS Data Centers, and ensures the reliability and sustainability of information and communication resources. Using effective communication, technical, and analytical skills the incumbent manages projects, provides technical support including maintenance and upgrading of resources, assigns staff to resolve operational issues, and, within delegated authority, supervises support personnel. In keeping with IDS values and competencies, the incumbent develops and maintains positive working relationships with all contacts internal and external to IDS.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzes, designs, develops, tests and implements networks, servers, and other equipment for information and communication networks.
- Performs system management functions and operations of computer networks.
- Identifies network and hardware malfunctions and takes appropriate action to resolve issues ensuring data/system integrity.
- Analyzes problems (both technical and operational) and assigns IT Services staff and/or vendor representatives to resolve problems.
- Assists in capacity planning and acquisition of servers, storage, network, and other equipment.
- Coordinates, manages and executes projects, as assigned, tracks major developments, and revises deadlines, as appropriate, to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Help prepares business cases for selected projects.
- Maintains, develops, and provides reports for projects and budget analysis.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Coordinates, implements, and improves overall operational practices and procedures within the department in collaboration with staff.
- Tracks and monitors the progress of issues through the interpretation of policies, standard practices, procedures and collective agreements to identify interventions and resolutions. Supervision and leadership.
- Selects and supervises day-to-day activities of network technical staff.
- Plans, organizes, and coordinates formal and informal orientation and training of employees under direct supervision.
- Initiates disciplinary process, within the scope of authority and in consultation with COO and Human Resources, to comply with Automated Systems, Inc. / Insite Data Services policies and standard practices.
- Manages personnel issues that arise between performance planning activities.
- Manages and allocates workload when necessary and help define priorities, approving the use of overtime when necessary.
- Monitors, and reports vacation and other absences for all staff under direct supervision.
- Arranges for coverage for all vacation and long-term absences as required.
- Provide support to users with computer or other technical difficulties.
- Hire and train staff or help make hiring decisions.
- Generate ideas for improving technical products.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred or equivalent education and experience may be substituted
- 5 years of relevant work/management experience.
- Supervisory experience required
- Demonstrated skill in working effectively with people of all technical levels
- Strong organization skills, ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently and communicate within a team environment
- Windows Server 2012, 2016, 2019; Exchange and/ SQL experience a plus
- Intermediate knowledge and understanding of VMware
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP implementation and support
- Intermediate knowledge in the areas of routing, switching, VPN and VLAN’s
- Technical, analytical and interpersonal skills required
- Knowledge of data center design, management, and maintenance.
- Intermediate knowledge of layer 2/3 switching technologies, network security through proper configuration of VPN and Firewalls
- Ability to travel 10%
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a good driving history
- Salary Exempt