Responsible for performing technical duties as a security analyst. Ability to work collaboratively within the organization to provide assurance of the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information and data.
Are you someone who likes interfacing within a business environment with developers, network engineers, security peers, vendors, and customers? Does working with evolving technology to bring meaningful, strategic change in the sphere of information protection interest you? Are you an effective communicator and a change agent? Are you technically proficient with enterprise networking and Windows servers environments? Do you have a strong willingness to learn? If this sounds like you, we may be a good fit.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide risk mitigation for IDS, 3rd party risk, and other improvements to the overall security position of IDS.
- Perform security assessments of IDS and 3rd party vendors based upon NIST 800-53 framework.
- Implement, configure, tune, update and overall manage IDS security tools.
- Effectively monitor and respond to security tools.
- Proficient ability to troubleshoot networks, MS Windows servers, security tools/agents and firewall issues to resolution.
- Help IDS customers with technical security issues with connectivity to IDS environments.
- Respond to security questionnaires from current or potential customers and business partners.
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures for securing IDS.
- Provide input and recommendations for identified security exceptions; participate in remediation efforts.
- Vulnerability scanning, remediation management.
- Responsible for the technical guidance and insight of Incident management and response
- Write, update/edit policies, standards, guidelines, and procedures and review annually.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree in Information Assurance/Technology or equivalent work/education experience.
- CompTIA Sec+, CASP or similar technical security certification and able to pass intermediate security certification within the first year if required.
- 2 –3 years’ experience as a hands-on network or system administrator.
Salary: Depending on Experience and Education
Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt (eligible for overtime)