Summary: Responsible for providing a wide range of projects and tasks related to routine accounting activities within the department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare, enter, and maintain accounting documents and records.
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable accounts.
- Record invoices and ensure prompt payment.
- Reconcile monthly statements and related transactions.
- Answer vendor inquiries regarding invoice payment status.
- Assist customers with outstanding account balances.
- Process hardware and software equipment orders for customers.
- Stamp, sort, and code invoices for approval.
- Pay vendors by preparing checks.
- Assist with general accounting month-end closing procedures.
- Provide administrative assistance by answering the phone, processing the mail, daily deposits, greets visitors, prepare for meetings, scanning and filing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree in Accounting strongly preferred OR relevant work experience required.
- Strong understanding of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ability to analyze data and prepare accurate reports in a timely fashion.
- Detail oriented, highly organized, team player and dependable.
- Ability to multi-task and take ownership of assigned tasks.
- Good communication skills; both verbal and written
- Must be able to maintain confidential information.
Depending on Experience and Education